The primary role of the Property Leasing Manager is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, responding to leads, or other means of generating interest from potential clients. They must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company. They must develop a rapport with new clients, set targets for sales, and provide the support that will continually improve the relationship. Property Leasing Managers work with the entire organization and report to executive level management. He/she may manage the activities of others responsible for developing business for the company. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description since it is the Property Leasing Manager’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming into the local market. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
Property Leasing Manager Responsibilities
New Client Development
- Strategically prospect locally for potential new clients and convert into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within the market, key industries, and/or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients and the decision-makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision-makers and the company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with the team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives. Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements, and working through differences to find a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
Client Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, association events, conferences, and provide feedback and information/trends.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Accountability and Measurements
- Submit a weekly progress dashboard on key sales activities.
- Contact a minimum of 25 to 50 new clients a week (live)
- 1 to 3 networking events a week (live)
- 25 follow-up calls (live)
- 5 to 10 live meetings a week (live)
- 3 to 5 new first client meetings
- 3 to 5 with a follow up to the new Client
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within Zenya
- Forecast sales targets to ensure monthly goals are achieved
- Achieve monthly occupancy and revenue targets
- Track and record activity on accounts within Zenya and to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with the staff to ensure that prerequisites (ex: prequalification or getting on a vendor list)
- Ensure that the company’s performance goals are achieved.
- Manage reservations directly as well as with the support of leasing associate when available
- Actively manage and respond to email and phone calls nights and weekend in a timely manner (when applicable)
Property Leasing Manager positions require a bachelor’s/associate’s degree and 3-10 years of sales or marketing experience.
Other Skills and Qualifications
Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, and Microsoft Office.
Who we are
Primestone Housing Solutions is the leading provider of boutique furnished apartments and high-end corporate housing in New York and across the globe. With an unwavering commitment to exceptional service and quality, Primestone delivers a sense of “Home Sweet Home” no matter where its guests are. Primestone provides that home sweet home feeling that hotels can’t provide. With all the comforts of home, from a fully-equipped kitchen to additional space and on-site amenities, you can ensure a pleasant stay no matter where your travels take you. Our expert staff has years of experience in the hospitality industry and understands how to meet the needs of discerning customers. We have a relentless commitment to your personal satisfaction and meet that with customized offerings and services.